How and Why We Obtain Personal Information
SlateStone Wealth may collect non-public, personal information about you in any of the following ways:
- New Account Application (i.e., Social Security number, date of birth, income and assets)
- Wealth Management Agreement (may list other assets)
- Client Financial Profile (contains information about your income and wealth)
- Transaction activity (types of transactions, balances)
- Demographic and other general information we obtain that allows us to develop new products and services we can offer you, but that will not be used in any way to determine your eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or products and services that you request;
SlateStone Wealth limits the collection, use, and retention of your personal information to the extent necessary to properly service your account and administer our business.
How SlateStone Wealth Protects the Collection of Your Information
We recognize the importance of protecting your personal information and we take the responsibility extremely seriously.
We do not sell nor disclose any client non-public, personal information to anyone, except as permitted by law or as authorized by you. This applies to you whether you are a current or former client. We may share personal information that we collect “on a strictly limited, confidential basis” with the following entities:
- Affiliates, such as service providers
- Unaffiliated third parties, such as your custodian and other entities that need to know that information to assist us in providing services to you
- Regulatory agencies such as the SEC along with federal and state law enforcement agencies
- Governmental agencies, such as the IRS
- Credit reporting and verification resources
- In connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, a fraud investigation, or an audit
Access to your personal and account information is limited to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you or to assist you with ongoing maintenance of your account. We maintain procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
If you are a former client of SlateStone Wealth, your information will be treated in the same manner as that of our current clients.
You can obtain a written copy by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us at 561-244-2504.
Protecting your personal information online is critical in today’s Internet environment. Therefore, along with all of the security measures described above, we employ the following online security measures:
Your personal information is protected by state-of-the-art security measures whereby all your personal account information is stored on a secure website maintained by the custodian of your assets. Access to view your account online is protected by a unique User ID and Personal Identification Number (PIN).
We do not require you to submit personal information when visiting our website. A cookie may be transmitted to your computer.A cookie is simply an electronically transmitted file that holds small pieces of information that personalizes and enhances the performance of your experience at SlateStone Wealth. It is important for you to know that your privacy is never compromised when you accept a cookie from our website. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, allowing you to decide whether or not to accept it.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy at any time. Please check our website periodically to remain informed of any changes. Your continued use of the SlateStone Wealth website following the posting of changes to these terms will signify your acceptance of those changes.